Negotiation Now! (Organization)
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Robert W. Gilmore was a Quaker pacifist who was involved in a number of peace groups, either as a staffperson or as a Board member. His papers reflect these involvements through correspondence and other materials.
Negotiation Now! was a national citizens' campaign for new initiatives to end the war in Vietnam by means of massive petitioning The group was later known as the National Committee for a Political Settlement in Vietnam. Its members called upon the United States government to unconditionally end the bombing of North Vietnam. It supported (then) U.N. Secretary General U Thant's call for negotiations among all parties to the conflict, leading to a political settlement of the war.
- Diplomacy -- Citizen participation -- History -- Sources 1
- Pacifists -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York -- History -- Sources 1
- Quakers -- Political activity -- 20th century -- History -- Sources 1
- Quakers -- United States -- History -- Sources 1