Pacific Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Friend in the Orient Committee
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Overview C. Lloyd Bailey and his wife, Mary Margaret, visited Korea for a year (1983-1984) under the auspices of the Friends in the Orient Committee of Pacific Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. They provided guidance and spiritual support for Seoul Monthly Meeting, which they continued through correspondence after their return to the United States. This collection contains the Baileys correspondence relating to their trip to Korea and their continued correspondence with Korean...
Overview J. Stuart Innerst was a United Brethren in Christ missionary to China in the 1920s. Innerst and his wife Marion Reachard Innerst left China in 1927 with great concerns about the influence of western imperialism in that country. J. Stuart Innerst served as pastor of several churches and joined the Society of Friends in 1943. In addition to his pastoral work, Innerst also served as the Director of the Quaker Friends in Washington Program (1960-1961, lobbied members of Congress regarding China,...
- Antinuclear movement -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Civil rights -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Clergy -- California -- History -- Sources 1
- College chaplains -- Ohio -- History -- Sources 1
- Disarmament -- History -- Sources 1
- Lobbyists -- Washington (D.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Missionaries -- China -- History -- Sources 1
- Pacifism -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Quakers -- California -- History -- Sources 1
- Quakers -- Korea 1
- Quakers -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- United States -- Sources 1 ∧ less