Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Overview This collection contains the papers of the Darlington family of Delaware County, Pa., and Woodstown, NJ. Quakers with strong ties to Swarthmore College, the family was involved in education, social and peace concerns, and businesses in the Philadelphia area. Charles J. Darlington (1894-1966) served as Clerk of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends during the reunification of the two Philadelphia Yearly Meetings. The collection includes family correspondence relating...
Lydia Jones Sharpless Hunn (1818-1911) was a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Orthodox Quaker. The collection contains diaries (1881-1908), reminiscences (1893), and other family papers.
Overview The collection represents two branches of the Sharpless family of Pennsylvania descended from Joseph and Lydia (Lewis) Sharpless). It contains correspondence between extended Sharpless family relations including Sharpless, Hunn, Jones, Drinker families and journals of Joshua Sharpless, a Quaker minister who worked with Native Americans and visited Quaker meetings in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Canada. Correspondence covers various topics including the travels of women ministers, yellow...
- Subject: Quakers -- Diaries X
- Quakers -- Genealogy 2
- Society of Friends -- United States 2
- Agriculture -- Pennsylvania -- Delaware County 1
- Chester County (Pa.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Delaware County (Pa.) 1
- Diaries 1
- Europe -- Description and travel -- 19th century 1
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- Media (Pa.) 1
- Pennsylvania -- History -- Sources 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Quaker women -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- 19th century -- Diaries 1
- Society of Friends -- Reunification 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less