Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
This collection includes letters, documents, and photographs of 18th, 19th, and early 20th century family members mostly of the Quaker Cary, Cope, Elkinton, Gilpin, Newlin, Stokes, and Waln families.
The Cope-Evans papers cover the years 1683 to 2012, and detail the history of the inter-related Cope and Evans families, important Philadelphia-area Quakers. The papers are divided into four series: Personal and Family papers, Business papers, J. Morris Evans papers, and Miscellaneous.
The Cope family was a Quaker family of Chester County and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Baltimore, Maryland. The collection contains family correspondence, genealogical papers and legal papers, a journal (1823) of Ann (Shoemaker) Janney, and other papers of the Cope and related Shoemaker, Yarnell, and Janney families. Individuals represented include Mahlon Day, Joseph John Gurney, and John Janney.
This collection contains materials collected and donated by Frank Evans, spanning the years 1776-1978. Included in the collection are the letters, inventories, business documents, stories, geneological records, photographs, and daguerreotypes of prominant Quaker families, the Smith, Evans, Carter, Cope, Waring, and Whiteall families.
- Subject: Quakers -- Pennsylvania X
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 2
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 2
- Conscientious objection 1
- Quaker businesspeople 1
- Quaker philanthropists 1
- Quaker politicians 1
- Quakers 1
- Quakers -- 19th century -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Family relationships 1
- Quakers -- Maryland 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Social life and customs 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Quakers in business 1
- Universities and colleges -- Pennsylvania -- Haverford 1
- business records 1
- correspondence 1
- daguerreotypes (photographs) 1
- genealogies (histories) 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- photographs 1 ∧ less