Schwimmer, Rosika, 1877-1948
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Overview On December 4, 1915, Henry Ford and over one hundred delegates and reporters left Hoboken, New Jersey, aboard the steamship Oscar II bound for Norway, and an itinerary of peace meetings in nonbelligerant Europe. The purpose of the Henry Ford Peace Expedition was the establishment of a conference of neutral nations which would seek to implement peace proposals through continuous mediation. Although Ford left the expedition at Christiana (Oslo) for health reasons, the delegation visited...
Abstract Hannah Clothier Hull (1872-1958), was one of the founders of the Woman's Peace Party and the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom. She served as a national officer of the WILPF for nearly forty years. Hull was also active in other social reform movements. A member of a well-to-do Quaker family, Hannah Clothier graduated from Swarthmore College in 1891. She first worked at a Philadelphia settlement house and then entered the graduate program in social work at Bryn Mawr College....
Abstract Includes minutes, resolutions and general historical records; anniversary celebrations, committee minutes, literature and releases; office files from the legislative office, the finance and the executive director; includes miscellaneous records from branches, including New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania, among others; a large correspondence file includes general office correspondence as well as that of the National Organizational Secretary, the Washington Legislative Secretary, and...
- Pacifists -- United States -- History -- Sources 2
- Peace movements -- United States -- History -- Sources 2
- Women and peace -- History -- Sources 2
- Disarmament -- Congresses -- History -- Sources 1
- Mediation, International -- History -- Sources 1
- Peace -- Congresses -- History -- Sources 1
- Political refugees -- Germany -- History -- Sources 1
- Quaker women -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Students -- Societies, etc. -- History -- Sources 1
- Suffragists -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Women -- Suffrage -- History -- Sources 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Congresses -- Sources 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Peace -- Sources 1 ∧ less