Johnson, Edwin C. (Edwin Carl), 1884-1970
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Includes minutes of the executive committee, annual reports, correspondence (1925-1940), financial records, form letters, articles and manuscripts, pamphlets, CME periodicals and other publications, photographs, and newspaper clippings. Subject files provide state-by-state coverage of the U.S. Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC), Citizens Military Training Corps (CMTC) and Civilian Conservation Corps, and congressional anti-conscription campaigns. Correspondents include Devere Allen,...
Abstract Initiated in late 1935 by the American Friends Service Committee and other pacifists; originally planned as a two-year campaign to rally peace, religious, labor, African-American and student groups; aim was to organize a national campaign to promote peace principles in the face of preparation for war in Europe, and to keep the United States out of war; may have been preceded by the Emergency Peace Committee (1931-1933), though this has not been documented. The first EPC office opened in...
- Draft 1
- Draft -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Militarism 1
- Militarism -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Military education 1
- Military education -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Militia 1
- Neutrality -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Pacifism -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Peace movements -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- United States 1
- United States -- Militia -- History -- Sources 1 ∧ less