Detzer, Dorothy, 1893-1981
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Overview The roots of the NCCO began shortly after conscription in WWII was instituted. Little is known about the New York Office of the NCCO. It was headquartered at 31 Union Square West in New York City (NY) where the ACLU had its offices, and was likely set up in 1940, under the chairmanship of Norman Angell, and stayed in existence through 1945. In Washington (DC), the Temporary Committee for Legal Aid to Conscientious Objectors was formed in 1940. R. Boland Brooks had gone to NSBRO (National...
Abstract Includes minutes of the executive committee, annual reports, correspondence (1925-1940), financial records, form letters, articles and manuscripts, pamphlets, CME periodicals and other publications, photographs, and newspaper clippings. Subject files provide state-by-state coverage of the U.S. Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC), Citizens Military Training Corps (CMTC) and Civilian Conservation Corps, and congressional anti-conscription campaigns. Correspondents include Devere Allen,...
Overview This group was originally named the Committee to Oppose the Conscription of Women [WCOC], and then the National Committee to Oppose the Conscription of Women. It was formed in 1942 to protest the Austin-Wadsworth legislative bills and similar measures, which proposed that American women be drated into a civilian workforce for the duration of World War II. When the immediate threat of drafting women had passed, the group changed its name again, this time to the Women's Committee to Oppose...
- Subject: Draft -- United States -- History -- Sources X
- Conscientious objectors -- United States 1
- Draft 1
- Draft -- Societies, etc. -- History -- Sources 1
- Militarism 1
- Militarism -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Military education 1
- Military education -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Military nursing -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Militia 1
- Selective conscientious objection -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- United States 1
- United States -- Militia -- History -- Sources 1
- Women and the military -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Women and war -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Conscientious objectors -- Sources 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- Sources 1 ∧ less