- Existence: 1782 - 1851
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
The collection is composed chiefly of letters of members of the Society of Friends in the United States from the 17th to the 20th centuries; there are also documents, clippings, published articles, and miscellaneous manuscripts.
This volume includes Benjamin Ladd's personal correspondence. Includes letters written by Ladd to his wife Elizabeth Ladd, sister Isabella Ladd, Phillip Price, Jonathon Taylor, John Whitchall, Abner Winder, Daniel Quinby, Christopher Healy, Deborah Cook, and Thomas Tucker. Also includes letters written to Benjamin Ladd from Stephen Grellet.
This collection is comprised of the correspondence of the Ladd family. Letters describe Quaker meetings; traveling to other meetings such as those in Philadelphia, New York, Indiana, Missouri, and Rhode Island; health, family, and numerous Friends; and some discussion of business.
- Quakers -- Family relationships 2
- Quakers -- History 2
- correspondence 2
- Business 1
- Quakers 1
- Quakers -- Ohio 1
- Quakers -- Virginia 1
- Slavery and the church -- Society of Friends 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- Society of Friends -- Indian affairs -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions -- Japan 1
- Society of Friends -- Wilburite controversy 1
- Spiritual life -- Society of Friends 1
- Women -- Suffrage -- United States -- History 1
- letters (correspondence) 1 ∧ less