Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Katherine Lindsley Camp was born in 1918 [1919?], Mt. Kisco New York. She was a graduate of Swarthmore College (Class of 1940). Camp was elected president of the U.S. Section of the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom in 1967, and served as international president, 1974-1980. In addition Camp was founder of the Citizens Bi-Racial Study Group; former president of the Pennsylvania Women's Political Caucus; made unsuccessful bid for Congress in 1972 on the Democratic ticket in...
Abstract Mildred Scott Olmsted, peace activist and suffragist, was born in Glenolden, Pennsylvania, in 1890. In 1922, Olmsted became Executive Secretary of the Pennsylvania Branch of the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF). From 1934 onward she assumed national positions with the organization. In 1946, Olmsted became National Administrative Secretary and held that position (until her retirement in 1966. She remained active as Executive Director Emerita of WILPF and also served...
Dates: 1881-1990; Majority of material found within 1907-1990
Abstract Includes minutes, resolutions and general historical records; anniversary celebrations, committee minutes, literature and releases; office files from the legislative office, the finance and the executive director; includes miscellaneous records from branches, including New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania, among others; a large correspondence file includes general office correspondence as well as that of the National Organizational Secretary, the Washington Legislative Secretary, and...
- Subject: Peace movements -- United States -- History -- Sources X
- Peace -- Societies, etc. -- History -- Sources 2
- Antinuclear movement 1
- Antinuclear movement -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Internationalists 1
- Internationalists -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Pacifists 1
- Peace movements 1
- Pennsylvania 1
- Quaker women 1
- Quaker women -- Pennsylvania -- History -- Sources 1
- Suffragists -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- United States 1
- Women -- Political activity 1
- Women -- Political activity -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Women -- Societies and clubs -- History -- Sources 1
- Women and peace 1 ∧ less