Jackson, Rachel, 1807?-1883
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract This is an artificial collection of papers concerning John Jackson, his spiritual teachings, and his religious mission to the West Indies. Included are essays by an unknown author, regarding John Jackson's views on Quaker ministry and doctrine as presented in his work"A Dissertation.. on Christian Ministry." An eight part manuscript entitled "Some account of the life and labors of John Jackson" is also unsigned. Also included is a bound volume of copies of letters written by John Jackson to...
Overview John Jackson (1809-1855), son of Halliday and Jane Jackson of Darby, Pennsylvania, married Rachel Tyson (1807?-1883), daughter of Isaac Tyson of Baltimore, Maryland, in 1832. Together they established the Sharon Female Academy in Delaware County, Pa. John Jackson was a Quaker minister and served on the Joint Committee on Indian Affairs. Collection contains correspondence and other papers, 1827-1849. Series I is made up primarily of correspondence and drafts of correspondence between Griffith...
Overview The Stackhouse family was a Pennsylvania and New Jersey Quaker family with roots in the earliest settlement of America. The papers include diaries, ledgers, correspondence and other family papers and voluminous genealogical research conducted by Powell Stackhouse, Jr. They were united by the descendants of two sons of Amos and Mary (Powell) Stackhouse who shared an interest in family history. Powell Stackhouse, Jr., (1827-1900) was a real estate lawyer and conveyancer who pursued a...
Dates: 1804 - 1951; Majority of material found within 1820-1916
- Indians of North America -- New York (State) 1
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- New Jersey 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- History -- Sources 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Seneca Indians 1
- Slavery and the church -- Society of Friends 1
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines 1
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 1
- Society of Friends -- Indian affairs 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions -- West Indies 1
- West Indies -- Description and travel 1 ∧ less