Woolman, John, 1720-1772
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
The collection is composed chiefly of letters of members of the Society of Friends in the United States from the 17th to the 20th centuries; there are also documents, clippings, published articles, and miscellaneous manuscripts.
This collection contains two copies of the Constitution for the New Jersey Association for Helping Indians, 1757. One copy has signatures of subscribers who gave money for the cause, including John Woolman. The other copy was found among records at Haddonfield Monthly Meeting, Haddonfield, New Jersey.
- Business 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Quakers 1
- Quakers -- History 1
- Slavery and the church -- Society of Friends 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- Society of Friends -- Indian affairs 1
- Society of Friends -- Indian affairs -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions -- Japan 1
- Society of Friends -- Wilburite controversy 1
- Spiritual life -- Society of Friends 1
- Women -- Suffrage -- United States -- History 1 ∧ less