SFHL/SCA. Swarthmore College Archives
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Contains records of Delta Upsilon fraternity (Swarthmore College Chapter). Includes published and a small amount of manuscript materials, 1894-1991.
This collection consists of primarily published materials, 1891-1933, relating to Kappa Alpha Theta, Alpha Beta Chapter, the first sorority to maintain a chapter at Swarthmore College. The Chapter was established in 1891 and laid down in 1933 when the College abolished sororities. Included are national publications of the fraternity, directories of Swarthmore chapter alumnae; an initiation certificate; and a photograph album.
Contains the records of Phi Kappa Psi, Phi Omicron Psi, and Phi Psi from 1889 to 1967, with gaps in some series. Now a local fraternity at Swarthmore College, Phi Psi began as Pennsylvania Kappa, a chapter of Phi Kappa Psi fraternity. Pennsylvania Kappa was established in 1889 and was a chapter of Phi Kappa Psi until 1963.
This collection consists of two song books used by Pi Beta Phi, Pennsylvania Alpha Chapter. Pi Beta Phi was the second sorority to maintain a chapter at Swarthmore College (est. 1892) and the largest sorority on campus in 1932, just before the college abolished sororities in 1933.