SFHL/SCA. Swarthmore College Archives
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Book and Key was a senior men's honor society that was active at Swarthmore College from 1906 to 1957. The collection contains the records of the Book and Key and the Temple Trust Association including by-laws, history, minutes, financial papers, correspondence, scrapbooks, a large Bible, and a large plaque.
Contains records of Delta Upsilon fraternity (Swarthmore College Chapter). Includes published and a small amount of manuscript materials, 1894-1991.
The Men's Judiciary Committee was established at Swarthmore College during the 1951-1952 academic year as a committee selected by the Men's Executive Committee to have jurisdiction over cases in which male undergraduates violated college rules in the dormitories or campus, with the exception of in the fraternity lodges. This collection contains the files of the Committee for the years 1952-1963.
This collection contains 31 photograph albums, dating from approximately 1876 to 1975, that document Swarthmore College social life and campus views. Various sources donated the material, and the Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College made an artifical collection in 3/2005 that combined all the photos into one group.
Contains the records of the Swarthmore College Student Council from 1943-2012, with gaps in some series. Student Council was created in 1937 as a companion organization to the Women’s Student Government Association (WSGA) and the Men’s Student Government Association (MSGA), charged with governing situations and activities involving both men and women. After 1970, Student Council has been the sole non-judicial student governing body on campus.
The Student Judiciary Committee at Swarthmore College was established in 1958, composed of members selected from the Men's and Women's Judiciary Committees, to deal with car regulations and infractions involving both men and women students. In 1970, the three committees were consolidated into a single Student Judiciary Committee elected by the entire student body.
Ye Monks of the Black Cowl was a secret society composed of ten male students chose from even year classes at Swarthmore College. The file contains the initiation rite, constitution, a scavenger hunt, and other papers.
This collection consists of 15 mounted black and white photographs of scenes in Trotter Hall prior to renovation. Trotter Hall is an academic building on Swarthmore College's campus. It was renovated approximately in 1993.