SFHL/SCA. Swarthmore College Archives
Found in 140 Collections and/or Records:
This collection consists of 2 boxes of black and white photographs, postcards, loose prints, contact sheets, and negative slides, dating from approximately 1943-1946. Items were donated by alumni for the College's War Years Reunion in 1993.
This collection contains meeting minutes, handbooks, and other records of the Women's Athletic Association of Swarthmore College (WAA), a student organization that held various administrative responsibilities relating to women's athletics. It was founded in 1898 as the Girls' Athletic Club of Swarthmore College. The Women's Athletic Association existed in some form into the 1980s at least.
The Swarthmore College Women's Resource Center was founded in 1974. It was named the Alice Paul Women's Center until the name was changed in the early 1990s to the Women's Resource Center. This collection includes records relating to the founding of Swarthmore’s Women’s Center, minutes, logbooks, and other papers.
Ye Monks of the Black Cowl was a secret society composed of ten male students chose from even year classes at Swarthmore College. The file contains the initiation rite, constitution, a scavenger hunt, and other papers.
This collection consists of 15 mounted black and white photographs of scenes in Trotter Hall prior to renovation. Trotter Hall is an academic building on Swarthmore College's campus. It was renovated approximately in 1993.