Livezey Family Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence, biographical data, genealogical chart, marriage certificates, memorials, piece books, and printed material of the Livezey and Underwood families.
- Livezey family (Family)
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research.
Copyright and Rights Information
Friends Historical Library believes all of the items in this collection to be in the Public Domain in the United States, and is not aware of any restrictions on their use. However, the user is responsible for making a final determination of copyright status before reproducing. See http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/.
Biographical / Historical
The Livezey family members were Quakers and residents of New Jersey.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
The Livezey family members were Quakers and residents of New Jersey. The collection contains correspondence, biographical data, genealogical chart, marriage certificates, memorials, piece books, and printed material of the Livezey and Underwood families.
The collection is divided into four series:
- Biographical and genealogical
- Correspondence, 1829-1844
- Quaker reference material.
For current information on the location of materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donor: Joseph M. Livezey, 1967
The following material, originally part of the collection, has been removed and recatalogued:
- Certificate of removal for Joseph B. Livezey, a minor, from Gwynedd M.M. to Woodbury MM, 11mo 2, 1850. Placed in Meeting Papers, Misc., Certificates of Removal
- Ms. copy of minute from Woodbury Monthly Meeting to Salem Quarterly, recommending William Haines for the Ministry, 1860, transferred to Woodbury Monthly Meeting records
- Ms. copy, from Woodbury Monthly Meeting to Salem Quarterly, recommending David I. Griscom for the Ministry, 1859, transferred to Woodbury Monthly Meeting Records
Sorted, arranged, and placed in document box in RG 5. Oversize marriage certificates placed in chart case.
- An Inventory of the Livezey Family Papers, 1773-1925
- FHL staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Encoding made possible by a grant by the Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation to the Philadelphia Consortium of Special Collections Libraries
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081 USA