William Webb Price Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains chiefly letters written by William Webb Price to his family while serving with Friends War Victims Relief Committee in France during and shortly after World War I; together with reports, financial papers, memorabilia, and printed material relating to Quaker reconstruction activities in France.
- Price, William Webb, 1892-1961 (Person)
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research.
Copyright and Rights Information
Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce items in this collection beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder or their heirs/assigns. See http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC-RUU/1.0/.
Biographical / Historical
William Webb Price (1892-1961) was a Quaker architect, teacher, and actor, of Rose Valley, Pennsylvania.
1 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
William Webb Price (1892-1961) was a Quaker architect, teacher, and actor, of Rose Valley, Pennsylvania. The collection contains chiefly letters written by Price to his family while serving with Friends War Victims Relief Committee in France during and shortly after World War I; together with reports, financial papers, memorabilia, and printed material relating to Quaker reconstruction activities in France.
The collection is divided into six series:
- Business papers
- Pictorial material
- Reference material
For current information on the location of materials, please consult the Library's online catalog
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donor: Margaret Price, 1970
The collection was given by Margaret Price, sister of William Webb Price.
Processed by FHL staff, 1971
- France -- History -- 1914-1940
- France -- History -- German occupation -- 1914-1918
- Friends' War Victims' Relief Committee (London, England)
- International relief -- France
- Pennsylvania -- History -- Sources
- Quakers -- France
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania
- Quakers -- Societies, etc.
- Reconstruction (1914–1939) -- France
- Rose Valley (Pa.) -- History -- Sources
- Society of Friends -- France
- Society of Friends -- Societies, etc.
- War relief -- Societies, etc
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Civilian relief -- France
- World War, 1914-1918 -- France
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Society of Friends
- An Inventory of the William Webb Price Papers, 1917-1923
- FHL staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Encoding made possible by a grant by the Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation to the Philadelphia Consortium of Special Collections Libraries
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081 USA