Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection is comprised of two accessions of the letters of Gilbert and Minnie Bowles. The collection is comprised of both private letters and public letters meant for circulation among Friends, written by Gilbert Bowles and his wife Minnie Bowles during their religious visits to India and Japan.
This collection is comprised of 17 anonymously hand-written volumes comprised of lists of Quaker ministers from Britain and the United States, and from the United States to Britain from the mid 17th century through the mid 19th century.
Henry Simmons was a Quaker missionary to the Seneca Nation and a member Middletown Monthly Meeting. Henry Simmons's journals are related to time Simmons spent with the Oneida and Seneca nations.
- Quakers 2
- Quakers -- History 2
- India 1
- Indians of North America -- Missions 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Great Britain 1
- Seneca Indians 1
- Society of Friends -- Indian affairs 1
- Society of Friends -- Japan 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions 1
- diaries 1
- manuscripts (documents) 1
- travel literature 1 ∧ less
- Bowles, Gilbert, 1869-1960 1
- Bowles, Minnie, 1868-1958 1
- Cornplanter, Seneca chief 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1955). Indian Committee (1827-1948) 1
- Simmons, Henry 1
- Swayne, Joel 1 ∧ less