Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
In these papers collected by Gulielma Howland are letters or other writings of such notable Quakers as George Dillwyn, Susanna Dillwyn, Samuel Emlen, John Fothergill,, Rebecca Grellet, Hannah Griffitts, Sarah Moore Grimke, Hill family, Margaret H. Hilles, James Logan, Margaret Hill Morris, Milcah Martha Moore, James and John Pemberton,, Daniel B. Smith, John Smith, Margaret H. Smith, Roberts Vaux, Daniel Wheeler and Thomas Wistar.
This collection contains one volume of minutes (1866 - 1882) from the Trustees of the Milcah Martha Moore Fund. The minutes consist of treasurer reports, and decisions about use of the funds.
This collection is comprised of the six volumes of miscellany of Daniel B. Smith. The collection includes three school notebooks, and two volumes of library catalogs.
The two commonplace books of Daniel B. Smith include copied poems and extracts of religious essays.
The ledger of S.P. & Co., for which Dainel B. Smith was the trustee, records stock accounts, bills receivable, mortgages, bills payable, and cash balances, as well as the accounts of individuals with S.P. & Co.
The collection consists of lecture notes for various ethics, history, and geography classes taught by Daniel B. Smith at Haverford College. Various papers associated with Smith's lectures and his involvement in the Penn Literary Society are also included.
This collection is comprised of two volumes of manuscripts written by Daniel B. Smith: "The History of the United States of North America" and "Ethics: Prepared for the Use of Haverford School."
The minutes contain the beginning minute of the formation of the group, its bylaws, and an in-depth alphabetical index of people, places, subjects, and ideas.
One volume of Newbold Hough Trotter's notes on ethics for a class at Haverford College. The notes are from a course in ethics by Daniel B. Smith, which was conducted in 1843, and detail several ethical discourses prominent at the time.
- Quakers 5
- Quakers -- History 4
- Ethics 2
- Haverford (Pa.) 2
- lecture notes 2
- notebooks 2
- Bible -- Concordances 1
- Bible -- Study and teaching 1
- Christianity 1
- Christianity -- Study and teaching 1
- College presidents 1
- Colonies 1
- Education -- United States 1
- Geography 1
- Poetry 1
- Poverty 1
- Quakers -- Conduct of life 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Montgomery County 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Religion -- Study and teaching 1
- United States -- History 1
- Women -- Education 1
- commonplace books 1
- financial records 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- manuscripts (documents) 1 ∧ less
- Moore, Milcah Martha 2
- Dillwyn, George, 1738-1820 1
- Dillwyn, Susanna 1
- Emlen, Samuel 1
- Grellet, Rebecca, 1772-1861 1
- Griffitts, Hannah 1
- Grimké, Sarah Moore 1
- Gwynedd Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (1936- ) 1
- Haines, John S. 1
- Haverford College 1
- Hill family 1
- Hilles, Margaret Hill Smith, 1786-1882 1
- Howland, Gulielma M. 1
- John Fothergill 1
- Logan, James, 1674-1751 1
- Morris, Margaret Hill 1
- Morris, Samuel, 1827-1905 1
- Pemberton, James, 1723-1809 1
- Pemberton, John, 1727-1795 1
- Trotter, Newbold Hough, 1827-1898 1
- Vaux, Roberts, 1786-1836 1
- Wheeler, Daniel, 1771-1840 1 ∧ less