Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Overview Nelson Fuson was a physicist and educator, active in Quaker concerns. The collection contains extensive correspondence and papers concerning his service as a conscientious objector in Civilian Public Service during World War II. As the child of missionaries to China, his hope was to do relief service in China, and many of the papers deal with CPS China Units. However, the China Units were never activated and Fuson was assigned to camps in Maryland, Indiana, New York, and North Dakota. He...
- Names: American Friends Service Committee X
- Names: Civilian Public Service X
- Names: Civilian Public Service. Camp (Big Flats, NY) X
- Library: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College X
- Subject: World War, 1939-1945 -- Conscientious Objectors -- United States X
- Subject: Reconstruction (1939–1951) X