Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Overview Contains the papers of William Macy and Lois V. Stanton, compiled by Lois V. Stanton. The Stantons were active Quakers, and William Macy Stanton, Jr., was a conscientious objector in WWII. Both Stantons served in the American Friends Service Committee reconstruction efforts in Europe after the war as well as other Quaker activities and organizations. William Stanton worked for Swarthmore College for over twenty-five years, serving as director of physical plant. Of particular interest are the...
- Names: American Friends Service Committee X
- Names: Civilian Public Service X
- Library: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College X
- Subject: World War, 1939-1945 -- Conscientious Objectors -- United States X
- Subject: Reconstruction (1939–1951) X
- Subject: International relief -- Societies, etc X