Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection includes photographs from World War I Europe. Photographs include those taken on a ship to Europe, at a hospital in France, and at a number of battlefields throughout Europe. This volume includes graphic images of war casualties.
Leonard Stout Kenworthy's "Quaker Berlin Diary" describes his experiences in Germany during World War II working with German Quakers to assist unaffiliated German Jews to leave Germany.
The scrapbook of Josiah P. Marvel includes Nazi documents, such as certificates and letters, from Marvel's time in occupied France during the summer of 1940, while travelling to and from Paris in service to the American Friends Service Committee. Documents include permissions from Nazi commanders in France, as well as The Hague and Brussels. Also included is a map of the location of prison camps, clothing lists, and a printed booklet on the National Work for Infants.
This collection is comprised of the personal correspondence of Thomas C. Potts. Many of the letters are written from Potts to Ethel, his wife, while he was traveling with the American Friends Service Committee in 1920.
- Quakers 4
- Society of Friends -- International assistance -- Germany 2
- correspondence 2
- France 1
- Germany 1
- International relief -- France 1
- Quaker missionaries 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 1
- Society of Friends -- International assistance -- France 1
- Society of Friends -- International assistance -- Russia 1
- Society of Friends -- War relief and reconstruction 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Germany 1
- diaries 1
- photograph albums 1
- postcards 1
- scrapbooks 1 ∧ less
- English 4
- German 1
- Babbitt, James A. 1
- Kenworthy, Leonard Stout, 1912- 1
- Marvel, Josiah P. (Josiah Philip), 1896-1959 1
- Potts, Thomas C. 1
- Timbres, Harry, 1899-1937 1
- Timbres, Rebecca 1 ∧ less