Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Identifier: SCPC-CDG-A-American Committee for Relief of German Children
Includes Final Report (1924) of the Committee, issued by Henry T. Allen; and 1 poster"We Must Not Let Them Starve" [n.d.].
Dates: Majority of material found in 1924
Found in: Swarthmore College Peace Collection
Overview English and American Quakers were involved in relief efforts in Europe during and after WWI. These efforts were begun by English Quakers of London Yearly Meeting, and later joined by the American Friends Service Committee. They expanded the scope of their aid from France to also include Russia, Serbia, Poland, Austria, and Germany. The lantern slides in this collection were taken during these relief efforts and, along with lecture notes, sent back home to Friends groups who would use the...
Dates: 1914 - 1922
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection 1
- Child welfare -- Germany 1
- Quakers -- Germany -- History -- 20th century 1
- Reconstruction (1914-1939) -- Soviet Union 1
- Reconstruction (1914–1939) -- Austria 1
- Reconstruction (1914–1939) -- France 1