Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview Hadassah M.L. Holcombe (1891-1978) was a Quaker educator who was a co-founder of the Friends Council of Education and served as Secretary of the Friends General Conference and Chairman of the Committee on Education of the Friends World Conference. Hadassah Holcombe taught mathematics at the Germantown Friends School for ten years, and, in addition to her other activities, served on the Boards of Swarthmore College, Antioch, George School, Sidwell Friends, and Haverford College. The...
Overview Bliss Forbush (1896-1987), Quaker educator, administrator, and author, was born in 1896 and died in 1987. Bliss Forbush served as a member of the American Section of the World Council of Churches, 1941-1951, representing Friends General Conference and as a delegate to the first Assembly of the World Council of Churches in 1948. This collection contains primarily minutes, leaflets, and articles printed in Quaker and other periodicals, relating to the World Council of Churches and possible...
- Interdenominational cooperation 1
- Quaker women -- Education 1
- Quakers -- 20th century -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Social service 1
- Social service -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1 ∧ less
- Forbush, Bliss, 1896-1990 1
- Friends Council on Education (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Friends World Conference. Committee on Education 1
- Holcombe, Hadassah M. L. (Hadassah Moore Leeds), 1891-1878 1
- Moore family 1
- World Council of Churches 1 ∧ less