Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The Cope family was a Quaker family of Chester County and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Baltimore, Maryland. The collection contains family correspondence, genealogical papers and legal papers, a journal (1823) of Ann (Shoemaker) Janney, and other papers of the Cope and related Shoemaker, Yarnell, and Janney families. Individuals represented include Mahlon Day, Joseph John Gurney, and John Janney.
The Mahlon Day papers center on the West Indies journals kept by Day on his spiritual trip with Joseph John Gurney in 1839-1840, and his letters which touch on a range of topics from religious to political to business to family.
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 1
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Quakers -- 19th century -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Maryland 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Society of Friends -- West Indies 1
- Cope family 1
- Cope, Jasper, 1775-1856 1
- Cope, Rebecca, 1781-1856 1
- Day, Anna B. 1
- Day, Edward M. 1