Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The Cope family was a Quaker family of Chester County and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Baltimore, Maryland. The collection contains family correspondence, genealogical papers and legal papers, a journal (1823) of Ann (Shoemaker) Janney, and other papers of the Cope and related Shoemaker, Yarnell, and Janney families. Individuals represented include Mahlon Day, Joseph John Gurney, and John Janney.
This collection includes personal correspondence between Mary B. Parsons and members of the Braithwaite family, primarily Anna and Isaac Braithwaite. Letters concern family matters and, occasionally, meeting activities at Flushing and Kendal and news of Joseph Gurney and Elizabeth Fry. Other correspondents include J. Bevan Braithwaite and Martha G. Braithwaite.
- Quakers -- 19th century -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- England 1
- Quakers -- Maryland 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Braithwaite family 1
- Braithwaite, Anna, 1788-1859 1
- Braithwaite, Isaac, 1781-1861 1
- Braithwaite, J. Bevan (Joseph Bevan), 1818-1905 1
- Braithwaite, Martha, 1823-1895 1