Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
John Hunt, a Quaker minister from Chester, New Jersey, was born in 1740, the son of Robert and Abigail (Wood) Hunt. He kept a journal for more than 40 years, recording Quaker concerns and daily events. This collections consists primarily of the manuscript journal, 1770-1800; fragments of 1805, 1806 & 1808; and 1814-1824. There if also an account book, some correspondence received, and other miscellaneous materials.
This collection is comprised of five items, which originally came from MC 1120. The materials are all genealogical in subject, and were mostly compiled by Asa Matlack and Asa Matlack Stackhouse.
- Names: Matlack, Asa X
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 1
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- Quakers -- Family relationships 1
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey 1
- family papers 1
- genealogies (histories) 1
- Cox, John, approximately 1754-1847 1
- Elizabeth A. Lippincott 1
- Evans, Jonathan, 1759-1839 1
- Foulke, Joseph, 1786-1863 1
- Hicks, Elias, 1748-1830 1