Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview The bulk of the collection is epistles, sorted roughly by topic. William Wood, the Clerk of New York Yearly Meeting who arranged the collection, was particularly interested in the issues of slavery, freedmen, peace testimony, and religious education. Also included are correspondence, Quaker documents, and miscellaneous papers. Correspondents include Moses Brown, William Rickman, John Pemberton.
Overview This collection contains personal photographs taken by Roy Moger of places, persons, and events concerning New York Yearly Meeting in the 1960s. Of special interest are photographs of the meeeting houses, the March on Washington and a Memorial for the Children of Birmingham.
Overview The collection contains a small number of miscellaneous papers relating to efforts within New York Yearly Meeting to support the manumission of enslaved people, abolition, and education of formerly enslaved people, 1778-1870. Most are copies of reports presented to New York Monthly Meeting or to the Yearly Meeting, compiled as a reference file.
Dates: 1778 - 1870
Abstract Contains a document listing the Sufferings of Friends belonging to Flushing Monthly Meeting given to the Committee appointed to inspect the Sufferings of Friends, 1782. Also, accounts submitted by individuals and related epistles, 1775 and 1778, from London and Philadelphia Yearly Meetings.
Abstract The collections contains correspondence between Daniel P. Whitley with Friends in New York Meeting concerning issues of faith. Primary correspondent is Joseph A. Vlaskamp, General Secretary of the Yearly Meeting.
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) -- History 3
- Quakers -- New York (State) 2
- Flushing (New York, N.Y.) -- History 1
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- New York (State) -- History 1
- New York (State) -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 1
- Quaker church buildings 1
- Quakers -- Abolitionists 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- History -- Sources 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Quakers -- Persecutions 1
- Quakers -- Slavery -- Anti-slavery movements 1
- Society of Friends -- Antislavery movement 1
- Society of Friends -- Clergy 1
- Society of Friends -- Congresses 1
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines 1
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Society of Friends -- Peace testimony 1
- Society of Friends -- Schisms and separations 1
- Society of Friends -- Sufferings 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 1
- War -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1 ∧ less
- Darby, Deborah 1
- Moger, Roy W. (Roy William), 1906-1990 1
- Monthly Meeting of New York (Society of Friends : approximately 1671-1828 : New York, N.Y.) 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Meeting for Sufferings 1
- Parsons, Samuel, 1774-1841 1