Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents Records of the Yearly Meeting on Ministry and Counsel, its Coordinating Committee, the Meeting of Ministry and Counsel, its Executive Committee, and its Orthodox and Hicksite predecessors, the Meetings of Ministers and Elders of New York Yearly Meeting.
Scope and Contents Minutes of New York Yearly Meetings, the Representative Committee and its Orthodox and Hicksite predecessors, the Meetings for Sufferings, 1758-1971.
Records of Trustees of New York Yearly Meeting, Other Financial and Property Records, and General Services of New York Yearly Meeting
Scope and Contents Records of the Trustees of New York Yearly Meeting, other financial and property records, and general services and administrative records, 1672-ongoing.
Abstract These writings, apparently a draft in answer to Evan Lewis's defense of Hicks, elucidate Willis's beliefs and his account of the Separation, including his being part of the committee that presented the complaint against Hicks which culminated in the disownment of Hicks in 1829 by the Orthodox faction. Willis defends the importance of the Bible, the divinity of Jesus, and the authority of the Church. Includes a draft of a letter to Josiah Forster (1848) in which Willis refers to the Wilburite...
- Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 3
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey 3
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) 3
- Society of Friends -- Vermont 3
- Church controversies -- Society of Friends 1
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) 1
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines 1
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 1
- Society of Friends -- Schisms and separations 1
- Society of Friends -- United States -- History -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Hicksite: 1828-1955) 3
- Hicks, Elias, 1748-1830 1
- Willis, Thomas, 1770 or 1771-1864 1