Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
This collection includes photocopies of papers relating to Francis Daniel Pastorius in his role as agent for the Frankfort Land Company. In particular they refer to the legal dispute over the ownership of the land in 1708.
This collection includes the 1688 Germantown Protest and the 1696 Merion Protest. The Germantown Protest was the first organized petition against slavery in the Americas. The Merion protest led to the first instance in which Phildadelphia Yearly Meeting addressed the slave trade.
- Names: Pastorius, Francis Daniel, 1651-1719 X
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 1
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Abolitionists -- Pennsylvania 1
- Antislavery movements 1
- Germantown (Philadelphia, Pa.) -- History 1
- Land settlement -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Germantown (Philadelphia) 1