Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The Committee on Economic Problems was appointed in 1937 to cooperate with the Social Order Committee of the Arch Street Yearly Meeting. Clair Wilcox, a Quaker professor of Economics at Swarthmore College was the first Chair. The Committee was interested in a variety of related issues, including industrial relations, unemployment, and economic and social research.
David S. Richie (1908-2005) spent his life devoted to public service, particularly in the areas of work camps and cooperatives. A birthright Quaker, he served as Secretary of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Social Order Committee from 1939–1973 and was president of the Board of Friends Housing, Inc. He also was involved with the American Friends Service Committee and other organizations. These papers are divided into correspondence, writings, and topical files as assembled by Richie.
- Names: Richie, David S., 1908- X
- Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 2
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Business ethics 2
- Economics 2
- Business -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Christian sociology 1
- Conscientious objection 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1955). Committee on Economic Problems 2
- Social Order Committee (Society of Friends : Philadelphia, Pa.) 2
- American Friends Service Committee 1
- Friends Housing, Inc. (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1955). Committee on Philanthropic Labor (1892-1936) 1