Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview The Stackhouse family was a Pennsylvania and New Jersey Quaker family with roots in the earliest settlement of America. The papers include diaries, ledgers, correspondence and other family papers and voluminous genealogical research conducted by Powell Stackhouse, Jr. They were united by the descendants of two sons of Amos and Mary (Powell) Stackhouse who shared an interest in family history. Powell Stackhouse, Jr., (1827-1900) was a real estate lawyer and conveyancer who pursued a...
Dates: 1804 - 1951; Majority of material found within 1820-1916
Overview The collection contains the correspondence of Anna M. Simpson White (1866-1965), daughter of David and Tacie Satterthwaite Simpson of Langhorne, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. She was a birthright member of Falls Monthly Meeting. In 1871 the family transferred to Middletown Monthly Meeting where in 1905 Anna married Ashton White, a local farmer. He died in 1911. The correspondence contains primarily informal letters received from family and friends with mention of family, Quaker meetings,...
Dates: 1868 - 1924
- Quakers -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- New Jersey 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Bucks County 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Social life and customs 1
- Jackson, Rachel, 1807?-1883 1
- Seaville Monthly Meeting (Society of Friends) 1
- Stackhouse, Asa Matlack (Asa Matlack Stackhouse) 1
- Stackhouse, Powell, Jr., 1827-1900 1
- Stackhouse, Robert, 1801-1881 1