Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
David S. Richie (1908-2005) spent his life devoted to public service, particularly in the areas of work camps and cooperatives. A birthright Quaker, he served as Secretary of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Social Order Committee from 1939–1973 and was president of the Board of Friends Housing, Inc. He also was involved with the American Friends Service Committee and other organizations. These papers are divided into correspondence, writings, and topical files as assembled by Richie.
The collection contains photographs, clippings, historical research and related papers concerning the Consumers' Cooperative Association of Swarthmore, Inc., better known as the Swarthmore CO-OP. Located in Swarthmore, Pa., it was incorporated in 1937.
- Business -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Church and social problems -- Society of Friends 1
- Conscientious objection 1
- Quaker educators 1
- Social service -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- American Friends Service Committee 1
- Consumers Cooperative Association of Swarthmore, Inc. 1
- Friends Housing, Inc. (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1955). Committee on Economic Problems 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1955). Social Order Committee 1