Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The Peace and Disarmament Committee of the Women's International Organisations was founded in 1931 (informally called the Women's Disarmament Committee). The PDCWIO was formed to promote the Conference for the Reduction and Limitation of Armaments and called itself the "greatest concerted action for peace ever undertaken by women".
Founded in September of 1935 by British parliamentarian Robert Cecil and French politician Pierre Cot, the Rassemblement Universel pour la Paix sought to mobilize public opinion in favor of peace, disarmament, and the League of Nations.
- Peace movements -- History -- 20th century -- Sources 1
- Peace movements -- History -- Sources 1
- War resistance movements -- History -- Sources 1
- Women and peace 1
- Disarmament Committee of the Women's International Organisations 1
- International Peace Campaign 1
- League of Nations 1
- Peace and Disarmament Committee of the Women's International Organisations 1