Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The National War Tax Resistance Coordinating Committee was formed in September 1982 at a National Action Conference of the War Resisters League and the Center on Law and Pacifism. Its supporters promote war tax resistance on the national level. The NWTRC is not to be confused with the organization War Tax Resistance, begun in New York, New York in 1969.
The Philadelphia War Tax Resistance was an organization that advocated nonviolence in order to end war, racism, sexism, and human exploitation, as well as promoted nonpayment of taxes that funded war and defense. This collection includes correspondence, administrative files, court records, financial records, minutes of meetings, periodicals, and reference files.
- Economic conversion -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Government, Resistance to -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- War -- Economic aspects -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- War resistance movements -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- History -- Sources 1
- War tax resistance -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- History -- Sources 1
- Corner, Betsy 1
- Kehler, Randy 1
- National Campaign for a Peace Tax Fund (U.S.) 1
- National War Tax Resistance Coordinating Committee (U.S.) 1
- Philadelphia War Tax Resistance 1