Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Overview Edward W. Evans (1882-1976) was a Quaker leader and lawyer active in the educational and peace concerns of the Society of Friends. The collection primarily contains papers compiled by Edward W. Evans during his time as Secretary of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Orthodox), from 1938-1946. Of particular interest are the materials concerning Civilian Public Service. The collection is significant in its documentation of pacifist attitudes and the ways in which the Society of Friends was active...
- Subject: Peace movements -- United States -- History -- Sources X
- Subject: Peace -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends -- History -- Sources X
- Subject: Pacifism -- United States -- History -- Sources X
- Subject: Peace -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends X
- Subject: World War, 1939-1945 -- Conscientious Objectors -- United States X