Showing Collections: 11 - 17 of 17
Anna Spencer's diary entries describe weather, social calls, domestic duties, family news, attendance at meetings, births, deaths, and marriages within the Quaker community, and the health of herself and family members.
Diary of Mary Swett's religious visit to England in 1797. Entries describe her travel, attendance at meetings, and Quaker hosts in England.
Emma Waln's diary entries detail her active social life, including descriptions of attendance of various social events, including whist parties, women's clubs meetings, lectures, and parties, as well as more informal social calls from friends and family. Waln's diary also describes attending classes and lectures at Swarthmore College.
Ann Cooper Whitall's diary entries focus on descriptions of Quaker meetings, illnesses within her family and community, reflections on religion and the perceived failure of Whitall’s community to live up to its ideals, and discussions concerning effective child-rearing practices.
Esther Fisher Wistar's diary entries focus on family news, social calls, religious reflection, descriptions of Quaker meetings, and discussions of aging and death.
Early diary entries describe Sallie's classes and studies in her efforts to earn her high school diploma, while later entries describe social calls, illnesses in the family, and other family news, as well as Sallie's responsibilities as the eldest daughter living at home.
Anna Yarnall's diary entries describe weather, social calls, domestic duties, family news, attendance at meetings, births, deaths, and marriages within the Quaker community, and the health of herself and family members.
- Quakers -- History 12
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 4
- Women clergy -- United States -- Diaries 4
- Motherhood -- United States -- History 3
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Social life and customs 3
- Women and religion 3
- Child rearing -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 2
- Quakers -- Family relationships 2
- Society of Friends -- Clergy -- Diaries 2
- travel literature 2
- Aging 1
- Camping 1
- Canada 1
- Child care 1
- Death 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Marriage -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- New Jersey 1
- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Great Britain 1
- Women -- Education 1
- Women -- Education -- Pennsylvania 1
- Women -- Religious life 1
- Women -- United States -- Social life and customs 1
- Women travelers 1 ∧ less
- Bowerman, Sarah Upton 1
- Bringhurst, Hannah Peters 1
- Evans, Hannah Bacon 1
- Fenimore, Amy 1
- Hartshorne, Sara 1
- Lloyd family 1
- Lloyd, Mary Ann 1
- Lloyd, Sarah Smith 1
- Lloyd, Susan H. 1
- Maule, Jane 1
- Moore, Anne, active 1756-1786 1
- Morris, Elizabeth Hudson 1
- Morris, Jane Rhoads 1
- Rhoads, Sarah Wistar, 1839-1920 1
- Smiley, Sarah Frances 1
- Swett, Mary Howell 1
- Waln, Emma 1
- Whitall, Ann Cooper 1
- Wistar, Esther Fisher Smith 1
- Yarnall, Anna C. 1 ∧ less