Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
The diary begins with a description of Bowerman's childhood and early adulthood. Entries are composed of religious reflection, descriptions of meetings attended in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, family news, and social calls.
Emma Waln's diary entries detail her active social life, including descriptions of attendance of various social events, including whist parties, women's clubs meetings, lectures, and parties, as well as more informal social calls from friends and family. Waln's diary also describes attending classes and lectures at Swarthmore College.
Early diary entries describe Sallie's classes and studies in her efforts to earn her high school diploma, while later entries describe social calls, illnesses in the family, and other family news, as well as Sallie's responsibilities as the eldest daughter living at home.
Anna Yarnall's diary entries describe weather, social calls, domestic duties, family news, attendance at meetings, births, deaths, and marriages within the Quaker community, and the health of herself and family members.
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 4
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Quaker women -- United States 4
- diaries 4
- Quakers -- History 3
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Social life and customs 3
- Evangelical Quakers 1
- Evangelicalism 1
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- New Jersey 1
- Pennsylvania 1
- Quaker women -- 20th century 1
- Quaker women -- Diaries 1
- Quaker women -- United States -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Family relationships 1
- Quakers -- New Jersey 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Temperance -- Pennsylvania -- Societies, etc. 1
- Temperance -- Societies, etc. 1
- Temperance and religion -- Society of Friends 1
- Women -- Education 1
- Women -- Education -- Pennsylvania 1
- Women teachers -- Pennsylvania 1 ∧ less
- Bowerman, Sarah Upton 1
- Evans, Hannah Bacon 1
- Reeve, Anna N. (Anna N. Sharpless Reeve), 1825-1891 1
- Reeve, Mary Offley, 1861-1947 1
- Rhoads, Sarah Wistar, 1839-1920 1