Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection is comprised of the papers of Inazo Nitobe, and includes two 5,000 Japanese yen notes; three letters, addressed to Anna Hartshorne, Anna Brown, and Henry Brown; and a postcard featuring a portrait photo of Inazo Nitobe.
This collection is comprised of three folders of materials related to Quakers in Japan, and specifically focuses on information about Anna C. Hartshorne, an American Quaker, and Inazo Nitobe, a Japanese Quaker, collected by Esther B. Rhoades.
Elizabeth Gray Vining (1902-1999) was an author of children’s books and served as the tutor to the crown prince of Japan, Akihito, from 1946 to 1950. The collection consists of correspondence, materials regarding books authored by Vining, articles, lectures and addresses, photographs, and information documenting her and her family's lives.
- Authors, Japanese 2
- Japan -- History 2
- photographs 2
- Education -- Japan -- History -- 1945- 1
- Japan -- Social life and customs 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- awards 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- manuscripts (documents) 1
- memorabilia 1
- postcards 1
- speeches (documents) 1 ∧ less
- Nitobe, Inazō, 1862-1933 2
- Akihito, Emperor of Japan 1
- Hartshorne, Anna C. (Anna Cope) 1
- Hirohito, Emperor of Japan 1
- Koizumi, Shinzō, 1888-1966 1