Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview Francis Anscombe's dissertation, "The Contribution of the Quakers to the Reconstruction of the Southern States," was written in partial fulfillment of the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in the department of history and government at the University of North Carolina. The manuscript includes descriptions of Quakers' religious tenents and beliefs about war. It focuses largely on descriptions of Quakers' efforts at reconstruction during the antebellum era, particularly in North Carolina and...
Correspondence, diaries and photographs relating to the 20th- century Quakers Edith Farquhar Bacon and Francis Rogers Bacon, their families, forbears, friends and colleagues.
- Academic writing 1
- Quakers 1
- Quakers -- Family relationships 1
- Quakers -- History 1
- Quakers -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Civilian relief 1
- manuscripts (documents) 1 ∧ less
- American Friends Service Committee 1
- Anscombe, Francis Charles 1
- Bacon, Edith Farquhar, 1892-1988 1
- Bacon, Francis R. (Francis Rogers), 1888-1965 1
- Bacon, Samuel Allen, 1848-1908 1