Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
The diary begins with a description of Bowerman's childhood and early adulthood. Entries are composed of religious reflection, descriptions of meetings attended in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, family news, and social calls.
Diary entries largely focus on religious reflection, but also describe social calls and Quaker meetings.
Stephen Gould was an active Quaker and a repairer of clocks in Newport, Rhode Island. His diary entries include descriptions of social calls, Quaker Meetings, the health of Gould's young son, births, deaths, and marriages within the Quaker community, and discussions of the War of 1812 and Gould's opposition to warfare in general.
This collection includes a variety of diaries of the Lloyd family, including three anonymous diaries, one diary written by Mary Ann Lloyd, one by Sarah Lloyd, and one by Susan Lloyd. Diary entries are generally related to religion, Quaker meetings, and social calls. Some volumes includes extracts or poetry.
- Quaker women -- United States 4
- Quakers -- History 3
- Quakers -- Family relationships 2
- Death 1
- Fatherhood -- United States 1
- New Jersey 1
- Pennsylvania 1
- United States -- History -- War of 1812 1
- Women -- Religious life 1
- Women -- United States -- Social life and customs 1
- Women and religion 1 ∧ less
- Bowerman, Sarah Upton 1
- Bringhurst, Hannah Peters 1
- Gould, Stephen, 1781?-1838 1
- Lloyd family 1
- Lloyd, Mary Ann 1