Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The Workroom, a project of the 15th Street and 20th Street New York Monthly Meetings, was established in 1940 by the Joint Peace and Service Committee of the New York Monthly Meetings. The sewing room produced garments for needy children during World War II. This collection contains one photo album, two packets of snapshots, and one folder of sixteen loose photographs. The photo album documents the Workroom activities as well as international photos of recipients of garments, with...
Dates: 1940 - 1976
Includes records of the Workroom, a project of the New York Monthly Meetings. Records consist of minutes, corre spondence,financial Records history, photographs and newspaper clippings.
Overview Elizabeth Biddle Yarnall and her husband, D. Robert Yarnall, were Quakers, active in the American Friends Service Committee relief efforts. They worked with the Quaker center in Vienna, Austria, during the summer of 1938 to help in the emigration of German and Austrian Jews. The collection contains correspondence concerning their work with refugees and letters from refugees asking for assistance, especially the musician and composers Karl Weigl and his wife, Vally, who emigrated in October...
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 2
- Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Society of Friends -- Charities 2
- Austria -- History -- 1938–1945 1
- International relief -- Societies, etc 1
- Jewish refugees -- 1938–1945 1
- Reconstruction (1914-1939) -- Societies, etc. 1
- Refugee children 1
- Refugees -- Austria 1
- Refugees -- United States 1
- Society of Friends -- Austria 1
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Society of Friends -- War relief and reconstruction 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Austria 1 ∧ less
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. New York Quarterly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Workroom Committee 2
- American Friends Service Committee 1
- American Friends Service Committee. Refugee Section 1
- Fisher, Dorothy Canfield, 1879-1958 1
- New York Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (1958-1974 : New York, N.Y.). Workroom Committee 1