Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Letter book of Philadelphia Quaker merchant Caleb Peirce (1763-1853). 270 complete business letters, 43 partial with alternating pages removed. Peirce operated a hardware store that offered all types of metalwork as well as related household and some fine goods. He corresponded with shippers, suppliers, fellow merchants, and customers, and the letters document the challenges of domestic and international commerce.
Isaac Sharpless's papers consist of two letter books containing copies of his outgoing correspondence as President of Haverford College as well as a scrapbook containing newspaper and journal articles by and about Sharpless.
The collection consists of a book called "Autographs" of Allen C. Thomas, which serves as an album of autographs he presumably collected during his early life, and two letterbooks pertaining to Thomas's time at Haverford College as a professor and librarian.
- Subject: letter books X
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 2
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 2
- Autographs -- Collections 1
- Lay ministry -- Pennsylvania 1
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- Quaker businesspeople 1
- Quakers -- History -- 19th century 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Quakers in business 1
- autograph albums 1
- correspondence 1
- scrapbooks 1 ∧ less
- Alford, Terry (Seller) 1
- Green Street Monthly Meeting of Friends (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Hamm, Thomas D. 1
- Haverford College. Office of the President 1
- Peirce, Caleb, 1763-1853 1