Civilian Public Service Fund Committee of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Records
Scope and Contents
Records of contributions and related correspondence of the Civilian Public Service Fund Committee of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Hicksite), 1941-1945.
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.
Copyright and Rights Information
Copyright has not been assigned to the Repositories. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the individual Meeting or its successor. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Repositories as the holder(s) of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by reader.
Biographical / Historical
In 1942, the Yearly Meeting authorized its members who were already on the Executive Committee of the Civilian Public Service Committee of the AFSC to work out a plan to raise voluntary funds for maintenance of CPS Camps. In 1946, the program of Friends Civilian Public Service was officially terminated. The report of the Committee to PYM in 1947 indiactes that in six years of work, $152,752.40 was given to support civilian public service by its meetings and from individual members.
0.25 Linear Feet (1 box)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Civilian Public Service
- Conscientious objectors -- United States
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1955). Civilian Public Service Fund Committee
- Quaker conscientious objectors
- Society of Friends -- Delaware
- Society of Friends -- Maryland
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Conscientious Objectors -- United States
- PHILADELPHIA YEARLY MEETING OF FRIENDS (HICKSITE : 1827-1955). CIVILIAN PUBLIC SERVICE FUND COMMITTEE
- A Finding Aid for its Records Deposited in Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library