Peace House (New York, New York) Collected Records
- Majority of material found within 1935-1946
Biographical / Historical
Founded in New York City in 1923 by Edith Clare Bryce Cram (Mrs. J. Sergeant Cram), Peace House was a center for anti-war activities, including lectures, plays and exhibits, and counseling of conscientious objectors. She was a benefactor of the War Resisters League which helped her with peace propaganda, antiwar advertisments, and literature. Correspondents included Jesse Wallace Hughan, Abraham Kaufman, and Frank Olmstead.
0.42 Linear Feet (5 linear in.)
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Swarthmore College Peace Collection Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore 19081-1399 USA US