Peace movements -- United States -- History -- Sources
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
The American Association for International Cooperation and the League of Nations Non-Partisan Committee merged on January 10, 1923 to become the League of Nations Non-Partisan Association. This name was shortened in 1929 to become the League of Nations Association. The organization was inactive during WWII. After the war, it was revived as the United Nations Association.
The National Council for Prevention of War (NCPW) was directed by J. Frederick Libby for many years; it lobbied Congress and created educational peace material, among other activities and campaigns.